St. Michael's Cemetery
Index cut-off date: July 1993
St. Michael's Eastern Orthodox Cemetery was indexed in 1993 by Sharon DeBartolo Carmack and published in the self-published Communities at Rest: An Inventory and Field Study of Four Eastern Colorado Cemeteries. This volume is now out of print but copies can be accessed at the following sites:
•Family History Library, microfilm 1,698,034, item 17; it can be ordered by any Family History Center. •Special Collections, Penrose Public Library, P.O. Box 1579, Colorado Springs, CO 80901 (call no. CO 929.509788 C287)
•Genealogy Collection, Denver Public Library (call no. G929.578856 C21com) (revised 1994 edition) •Albuquerque Public Library, Albuquerque, NM
•Midland County Public Library, Midland, TX (revised 1994 edition)
Sharon Carmack kindly gave permission to PPGS to include the index to St. Michael's Eastern Orthodox Cemetery in this resource. Page numbers refer to the 1993 edition. The cemetery is located on North Calhan Highway, about 5.6 miles north of U.S. Highway 24. According to GPS-derived geolocation (accurate to within 10 meters), the cemetery's coordinates are latitude 39°07'05.9"N and longitude 104°17'34.9"W. The Colorado Cemetery Directory notes that the cemetery was established in 1905 and the first marked burial is dated 1935.